Sunday, April 12, 2009

My grandma's cellar archive #1

04/12/09

Some stills of objects I found at my grandma's (R.I.P.) appartment.
I always loved seaching and discovering things like these even as a kid. My favourite place to do that was my grandma's cellar, which was packed with old 50s, 60s and 70s stuff. Most of it were relicts of a time I never knew, as I was born only in 1973. So discovering things from the past as a kid was like treasure hunting and like entering an interesting and mysterious time through a timemachine.
On the other hand, rediscovering these objects and bits and pieces is like rediscovering my own childhood and a sweet memory of my grandma at the same time...










1. Lovely package for slides
I guess these belong to my father, who had his own photography lab in the cellar when he was young.

2. Opal sweets' package
I wonder where they come from: Opal icelandic sweets. As far as I know neither my grandparents nor my father ever have been to iceland. Though there are still some pieces left in the package I never dared to try them.

3. & 4. Kitchen scales
I love the nicely curved design of it.

No comments: